Frequently Asked Questions
One of the supported adapters listed here is required.
BimmerCode supports nearly all BMW and Minis build in or after 2008 and the 2019 Toyota Supra. You can find a detailed list of the supported cars here.
You can find a detailed list of the supported cars and options here. Please note that some of the listed options may not be available or do not work depending on the software and configuration of your car.
It is recommended to code with the engine off and ignition turned on.
After coding the specific control unit is reset and therefore not reachable for the other control units in the car for a short amount of time. This results in errors displayed in the car, but these errors will disappear after turning the ignition off and on again.
No. Even when the connection is interrupted during coding or an error occurs, the coding data can be restored using a backup and then the control unit will operate completely normal again, but please note that using expert mode incorrectly can cause problems that may require a reflash of the control unit to correct them.
In this case please unplug the adapter, restart your iOS or Android device and then connect again. Make sure flight mode is enabled and all Bluetooth connections (for streaming music for example) including the connection to the iDrive system are disconnected. It may also be necessary to restore the coding data using a backup.
The possibility to change the duration of the one-touch turn signal has been removed from the software in the car by BMW and it is no longer possible to change this.
For your own safety, expert mode is not available for control units that contain safety related functions.
In demo mode no connection is established and the displayed control units and options do not reflect what is possible for your car. You can find a list of the available options for your car are here.
Some FRMs are affected by an error that leads to a corrupted boot sector in the internal memory of the control unit after some years of usage. This is not noticeable during normal operation, but if the control unit has to be restarted after the battery has been replaced or to make coding changes take effect, the control unit will not be able to start again and needs to be replaced or repaired. BimmerCode is able to detect this error prematurely and does not allow coding the FRM in your car in this case.
Yes, you can use the app on multiple devices without having to pay again, but please note that it is not possible to transfer a purchase from iOS to Android or vice versa.
No, this is not possible. The purchase is tied to your Apple ID or Google Account and it is technically impossible to transfer the purchase, so the full version has to be purchased again for the new operating system.
For iOS: If you already purchased the full version you can restore it by using the “Restore full version” option. Please make sure that you are using the same Apple ID that you were using for the initial purchase. You can find more information on this subject here.
For Android: Please make sure that you are using the same Google ID that you were using for the initial purchase. The full version will then be restored automatically.
For iOS please make sure that you have performed the following actions:
- Check that you are signed in with the Apple ID you were using for the initial purchase
- Check your purchase history and search for the BimmerCode purchase: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088. If the purchase does not appear here, you may be using the wrong Apple ID or you did not purchase the full version at all.
- Sign out of the App Store and login again (iOS settings > iTunes & App Store)
- Reinstall the app
- Restart your iOS device
- Check that your in-app purchases are not hidden on any of your devices: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322
- Check if in-app purchases are prevented on your device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204396
For Android please make sure that you have performed the following actions:
- Check that you are signed in using the Google account you were using for the initial purchase and this is the only account set up on your device.
- Review your order history and search for the BimmerCode purchase: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2850369?hl=en. If the purchase does not appear here, you may be using the wrong Google account or you did not purchase the full version at all.
- Clear cache & data from Google Play Services: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7512202?hl=en
- Reinstall the app
- Restart your Android device
- Remove your Google account and add it again (Android settings > Accounts > Remove Account)